ARTeFACTo 2018 is the 1st International Conference on Transdisciplinary Studies in Arts, Technology and Society, hosted by Aberta University, in Lisbon, Portugal.
The inaugural edition of the ARTeFACTo conference will be held on the 16th and 17th of November, at Palácio Ceia, in Lisbon, Portugal.
The goal of the conference is to promote the interest in the current digital/media culture and its intersection with art and technology as an important research field while focusing on the study of the digital media / computer artefacts embracing topics covering their conceptualization, design, creative/art practice/research processes, computational implementation, exhibition and fruition as well their role on today’s information and knowledge society. Also welcome are articles fostering the establishment of the conceptual foundations of an artefact theory in the digital media world.
ARTeFACTo 2018 aims at giving greater visibility to artefact creators or interveners, being these theorists or practitioners, establishing a common space for discussion and exchange of new experiences from transdisciplinary humanistic and holistic perspectives while fostering better understanding about digital arts and culture across a wide spectrum of cultural, disciplinary, and professional practices.
To this end, we cordially invite scholars, teachers, researchers, artists, computer professionals, and others who are working within the broadly defined areas of digital arts, culture and education with specific focus on artefacts / installations to join us.
- Full and Short paper submissions: September 10, 2018
- Art artefacts / installations / digital media artwork proposals: September 10, 2018
- Full and short papers notice of acceptance: October 2, 2018
- Installations proposal notice of acceptance: October 2, 2018
- Submission Full and Short paper final versions: October 14, 2018
- Early registration deadline: October 14, 2018
- ARTeFACTo 2018 Conference: November 16-17, 2018